It is important for every person to take care of one’s cardiovascular health. Those with family histories of hypertension as well as the elderly should make a conscious effort to monitor their cardiovascular health regularly.
Shawn Specialty Pharmacy offers a free blood pressure screening, diabetes/glucose level check, and consultation for our customers. Through this service, those who have high risks of developing hypertension or those already with high blood pressure can walk right into our pharmacy and have their blood pressure levels evaluated. If you just want to get a reading of your blood pressure levels, you are most certainly welcome to take advantage of this service, too.
Here is a general overview of what you can expect from the blood pressure screening service we offer:
- You will be handed a sheet/form asking for your name, contact details, and the blood pressure readings. Our team will use this form as your record in our pharmacy.
- One of our pharmacists or pharmacy interns will be conducting the blood pressure check. If you have questions about hypertension or medications you are taking to manage such condition, our pharmacists or pharmacy interns can give you the answers you seek.
- If we find any abnormalities in your blood pressure levels, we will be making a follow-up phone call to you within a week to see how you are doing. If needed, we will call an ambulance for you.
- When necessary, we will be providing you with educational handouts about diet and exercise regimens you can follow.
- We will also be giving you a personalized monitoring card where all of your readings will be recorded. We advise you to keep such card and give it to your doctor the next time you visit.
Regular monitoring is definitely a must for those with high blood pressure. If you find yourself not feeling well and wanting to get your blood pressure levels checked by a professional, please visit us and see our pharmacy staff immediately. However, for emergencies related to hypertension, make sure to call a medical professional or go to the nearest hospital for appropriate medical attention.
Available from Monday to Friday (FREE OF CHARGE)
- Blood Pressure Check
- Diabetes Check/Consultation
- Blood Glucose Check
If you have further inquiries, kindly give us a call at 718-417-0200. You can also visit these helpful websites for more information about diabetes and cardiovascular health:
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to have your updated contact info on our records. Kindly inform our pharmacy staff if you recently changed your phone number and/or email address so you can continue to receive refill reminders from Shawn Specialty Pharmacy.